LDAP User Authetication fails

Naveen Kumar January 22, 2018

Where can i give the complete details of lDAP in bamboo. So , that i can log into bamboo by using ldap users, i have already updated my users.xml but need to where can i give the complete details in bamboo UI.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Naveen,

Since you have modified the atlassian-users.xml be sure to use the Testing LDAP or Active Directory connectivity with Paddle to verify the configuration.  Once you've done that there is a section of the How to set up LDAP in Bamboo titled Integrate LDAP with Bamboo that has directions to setup the User Repositories under Bamboo administration >> Security >> User repositories

You'll also want to see the and the External User Management section of the Integrating Bamboo with LDAP knowledge base article:

Please ensure that Read-only External User Management is turned OFF in Bamboo before assigning LDAP users to Bamboo groups. The Read-only External User Management check-box in Bamboo controls whether users and groups in Bamboo are editable. Setting this option to ON will make users and groups in Bamboo read-only (i.e. the implication being that you will be managing your users and groups externally).

(info) If you are using Crowd together with an LDAP, please read the documentation on Integrating Bamboo with Crowd to see our recommended settings for the Read-only External User Management check-box.

To disable Read-only External User Management:

1. Click the  icon in the Bamboo header and choose  Overview.
  2. Select Security Settings (under 'Security') in the left navigation panel.
  3. Clear the Read-only External User Management check-box.
  4. Click Save.

Step 2 — Assigning LDAP Users to Bamboo Groups

Once Bamboo is started with 'Read-Only External User Management' disabled, you can assign LDAP users to Bamboo groups. Please see Changing members of groups.
(warning) Please note, the 'View Users' and 'View Groups' screens in Bamboo currently will not list all of your LDAP users/groups (please see BAM-1963 for details).

There are also some third party posts that may help such as How to Integrate Bamboo with LDAP and avoid attribute issues.

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events