Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just installed bamboo on Ubuntu 18.04, cant start

Gintohewoo November 12, 2018

When I try to start the bamboo service on my machine this is all I can get for troubleshooting logs/output:

â bamboo.service - LSB: Atlassian Bamboo Server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/bamboo; generated)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2018-11-13 03:42:51 UTC; 7s ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
Process: 8739 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/bamboo start (code=exited, status=127)

Nov 13 03:42:51 cheshire-cat systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Atlassian Bamboo Server...
Nov 13 03:42:51 cheshire-cat bamboo[8739]: Starting bamboo
Nov 13 03:42:51 cheshire-cat su[8744]: Successful su for bamboo by root
Nov 13 03:42:51 cheshire-cat su[8744]: + ??? root:bamboo
Nov 13 03:42:51 cheshire-cat su[8744]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user bamboo by (uid=0)
Nov 13 03:42:51 cheshire-cat su[8744]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user bamboo
Nov 13 03:42:51 cheshire-cat systemd[1]: bamboo.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=127
Nov 13 03:42:51 cheshire-cat systemd[1]: bamboo.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 13 03:42:51 cheshire-cat systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Atlassian Bamboo Server.

Any help or experience anyone else has had with this would be greatly appreciated as I am currently at a loss.

1 answer

0 votes
Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

Hi Thomas,

Is this the first time you're trying to setup and start the bamboo? What did you see when you're trying to access Bamboo?  Could you provide atlassian bamboo log file (atlassian-bamboo.log) for review? 

-Shankar

Gintohewoo November 13, 2018

I apologize.  I figured this out last night, I had the JAVA_HOME configured one folder too deep for it to initialize.

I can get it started now but cannot seem to get the configuration to work with my postgres server that is located on the same server.

Thank you for helping!

Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Any specific error that you're getting while using postgresql? Keep in mind that you need to make some changes in pg_hba.conf file to provide permissions.

Thanks

Gintohewoo November 14, 2018

I have confluence and jira installed in the same postgres instance without issue.

I can connect both locally and externally to the postgres instance with the bamboo credentials.

I have a log i can post and will do so in a bit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events