Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job in Docker problem

Andrzej Wisiński July 15, 2024

Hi I'm new to Bamboo world and I'm having a problem while trying to run Job in Docker Container.

'C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\resources\bin\docker.exe run --volume C:\Users\Andrzej\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\SAL-SAL-JOB1:C:\Users\Andrzej\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\SAL-SAL-JOB1 --volume C:\Users\Andrzej\bamboo-agent-home\temp:C:\Users\Andrzej\bamboo-agent-home\temp --detach --name 5a38d756-eafa-4d18-bbda-c908f80ea3a1917506 5e72db905f20 tail -f /dev/null\n ... in: C:\Users\Andrzej\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\SAL-SAL-JOB1\nSTDERR: docker: Error response from daemon: invalid mode: \Users\Andrzej\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\SAL-SAL-JOB1.STDERR: See 'docker run --help'.

I see that error is related to volumes that are mounted by default so I tried to remove them, but then my build fails with such issue:

Failing task since return code of [C:\Users\Andrzej\AppData\Local\Temp\runInDocker3907411279854472529.sh /usr/bin/bash test.sh] was -1 while expected 

test.sh is just a simple script that does one echo command so I really don't know why it returns -1. Could someone help?

1 answer

0 votes
Jim Knepley - ReleaseTEAM
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2024

I'm curious about the --volume parameters. I would normally expect something more like

--volume demo_volume:/data

...as opposed to having the volume and mount point be the same Windows path.

Andrzej Wisiński July 15, 2024

To be honest I don't need volumes for now. But when I removed them from job setup I'm getting another error saying that my script returned -1.

command 15-Jul-2024 23:16:41 Beginning to execute external process for build 'Salesforce - Salesforce-CICD - Default Job #76 (SAL-SAL-JOB1-76)'\n ... running command line: \nC:\Users\Andrzej\AppData\Local\Temp\runInDocker7219650513349138895.sh /usr/bin/bash test.sh\n ... in: C:\Users\Andrzej\AppData\Local\Temp\n
simple 15-Jul-2024 23:16:41 Failing task since return code of [C:\Users\Andrzej\AppData\Local\Temp\runInDocker7219650513349138895.sh /usr/bin/bash test.sh] was -1 while expected 0

Script is just only one echo command. Doesn't matter if its inline or file script.

Jim Knepley - ReleaseTEAM
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 16, 2024

I interpret a -1 return code to be something dramatic, like not having enough RAM or something (not saying that's the problem, just maybe something fundamental).

The ellipsis in your output makes me think the output was truncated. Try docker logs for that container and hopefully it will show you the full error.

Andrzej Wisiński July 16, 2024

Maybe I'm wrong and I'll need volumes, because for some reason this runInDocker.sh script that is being copied to container tries to cd to my Windows path.

# cat runInDocker984723768067173822.sh
#!/bin/sh
cd 'C:\Users\Andrzej\Downloads\bamboo\bamboo\xml-data\build-dir\SAL-SA-JOB1'
umask 000
'C:\Users\Andrzej\Downloads\bamboo\bamboo\temp\SAL-SA-JOB1-26-ScriptBuildTask-8958078326951920057.bat'
exit $?

Do you know how I can handle this? For now I want my agent to create container,  clone repository inside newly created container and run one script there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events