Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Spec linked repository build plan branch

David April 25, 2023

The standard build plan pattern for a bunch of my plans is the based build plan as follows:

• Connected to a linked repo
  • base branch is always development

I always have a repo collection of branches of development,test and production for which I normally create build plan branches for when I setup builds from the UI.
However I am now moving these plans to Java Spec and I noticed it isn't clearly defined if you can create Build Plan Branches through Java Spec using a linked repository. This is in contrast to plan repos where it looks possible.

Has anyone worked out how to use a linked repo in a plan and create plan branches using Java Spec?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

Hello @David,

From https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/latest/specs.html?java#manual-branch-management:

Bamboo allows to manually create plan branches for already existing branches in a repository. Bamboo Specs does not have an option to manually specify plan branches at the moment. You need to use Bamboo to manually create branches after plan is created.

Alternatively, you could create separate plans for each branch. Keep in mind that using this approach you will not be able to use Bamboo branch-specific features (for instance to see them on the “Branch view” page).

Check the link above for an example in Java Specs.

Best regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

David April 25, 2023

So the solution is to create a bunch of new plans that sit side by side?
Is there a feature request to fix this as it seems a bit odd to not have it

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

Hello @David 

Yes; creating multiple Plans is a workaround.

Please check https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-19808 in the comments for a possible alternative using the REST API using an expanded Java Specs code.

Thank you,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events