Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Spec for custom task types - unable to load properties

mprzytulski November 27, 2019

I'm trying to build a custom task plugin, I tried to follow provided documentation: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/bamboo/introduction-to-writing-tasks/

But unfortunately I ended with exception:

Class 'com.my.comapny.xxxxl.HadolintTaskProperties' is not allowed in YAML 

After some debugging I was able to identify that Yaml loader has a whitelisted namespaces which are allowed. I renamed my package to match required regexp but I ended with

exception=Class not found: com.my.comapny.xxxxl.HadolintTaskProperties

Looks like some classloader issue.

Plugin works totally fine, spec files are compilling, and exporter works fine (I can download JavaSpec files from plan edit section). 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2019

You can enable this dark feature to make it work:

bamboo.experimental.specs.plugin.enabled

You can do that using REST, for instance:

curl -X PUT <server_url>/rest/admin/latest/darkFeatures/bamboo.experimental.specs.plugin.enabled -u<user>:<password> -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d'{"key":"bamboo.experimental.specs.plugin.enabled","enabled":true}'

or by adding command line parameter at startup:

-Datlassian.darkfeature.bamboo.experimental.specs.plugin.enabled=true
1 vote
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2020

Bamboo 7.2 is going to have this problem fixed.

Zach Dunton September 29, 2020

Do you have an estimate for what time scale 7.2 will be released on? Days, weeks, months?

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2021

Just to close the loop here, Bamboo 7.2 has been released November 23 2020 and indeed features various Bamboo Specs improvements including the one at hand:

We're introducing the any-task command thanks to which you can use tasks from any Marketplace app in Bamboo YAML Specs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events