JUnit XML schema

anton.bronnikov April 10, 2018

What is XML schema that JUnit parser in Bamboo uses?  It is mentioned in "JUnit parsing in Bamboo", however the link that is provided by that article is broken already.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Hey Anton,

Bamboo should be able to parse any valid JUnit results. If you want to get a better idea of the schema or validate the XML, here's an XSD you can use for reference:

We've also fixed the sample download links up on JUnit Parsing in Bamboo too. Just a note, they're identical to the XML that's already on the page.

Hope this helps. :)

anton.bronnikov April 12, 2018

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks a lot for a prompt response!

Yes, I did see the XSD from @windyroad.  Reason why I asked for it still was that if you try to validate the sample XMLs from the article against windyroad's XSD then they will fail (apparently that XSD is much more strict than de-facto implementation).

That's why I thought that perhaps Atlassian has some other, more up-to-date, version of the XSD.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Anton

Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Hmm, you're not wrong. It's definitely stricter.

To be very honest, the validation we perform on JUnit files before parsing them in Bamboo is pretty simplistic. It's not actually using an XSD and is performing a few basic checks in code, so it's difficult to give you a 1:1 definition. This is the closest I can find:

Cheers,

Jeremy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events