Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUnit Parser reports some but not all test results

spstromberg June 29, 2017

We are running Bamboo Server

Testing my code on bamboo produces an accurate output.xml file. I run 84 tests; 4 are skipped, 4 fail, and 76 pass.

The JUnit parser returns that the build failed, red bar, that's accurate. But, the "Build and Unit Test" page for the job says 54 tests in total ran (not the actual 84), and it shows no Failed tests: BambooCapture.PNG

The tests that are missed that are failing are named:

test_flow_frame_signal_for_flow_through_flow_cell
test_flow_frame_signal_for_bypass_flow
test_syringe_start_button_signal_for_wash_flow
test_syringe_start_button_signal_for_air_flow

These have kind of long names. Doest Bamboo's JUnit Parser fail to count tests with names 36 characters long or longer? (54 of my tests have names that are less than 36 characters).

Any other ideas as to the discrepency between total tests and passed tests?

Also, how can I file a bug report with Atlassian?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2017

Hi Sean! How are you doing?

I have seen this behavior when tests have duplicate names. In order to make sure Bamboo does't show duplicates, they prefer to omit them.

Does it make sense in your scenario?

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Cristiano

spstromberg July 5, 2017

Thank you Cristiano,

Atlassian looked into it and created a bug report:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18510

Their assessment might be related to what you are saying. My tests have unique names, but the classname for 30 of the tests is null.

I tests and create the xml output using pytest which doesn't require a class. While they fix the bug I can just put those tests into a class.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Sean

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events