Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL to identify issues relevant to upgrade of Bamboo with given 'from' and 'to' versions

Gavin Pennycook March 15, 2019

Hi,

I'm wondering exactly which jql I can use to identify bugs and customer problems which are relevant to an upgrade of Bamboo with given 'from' and 'to' versions?
Eg we want to upgrade from 6.4.1 to 6.8.1

Can I use:
project = BAM AND issuetype in (Bug, "Customer Problem")
AND affectedVersion > 6.4.1
AND affectedVersion <= 6.8.1
and (fixVersion > 6.8.1 or status != resolved)

Do I have to worry about eg issue BAM-20292?
It's listed with
- Affects Version/s: 5.15.3, 6.8.0
- Fix Version/s: None
Does this mean it doesn't affect any versions after 6.8.0? If so, shouldn't it have a fix version?

thanks, Gavin

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gavin Pennycook March 18, 2019

I raised this a support call with Atlassian, and they came back with these answers to my questions:

GP: Does this mean it doesn't affect any versions after 6.8.0?
Atlassian: The affected version is normally updated when we have tested the Bamboo version. However, even though the version isn’t updated in the bug report, it normally means that the latest version is affected as well.

GP: If so, shouldn't it have a fix version?
Atlassian: Due to the large number of bug in jira.atlassian.com, we will only add the fix version when it is planned to be fixed in the next release.

GP: Do I have to worry about eg issue BAM-20292?
Atlassian: Yes

GP: I'm wondering exactly which jql I can use to identify bugs and customer problems which are relevant to an upgrade of Bamboo with given 'from' and 'to' versions?
Atlassian: All unresolved bugs will most likely still affect the latest Bamboo. Please use the following JQL:
project = BAM AND issuetype = Bug AND resolution = Unresolved
You can also use the following JQL to look for any new bug found between 6.4.1 and 6.8.1:
project = BAM AND issuetype = Bug AND resolution = Unresolved AND affectedVersion in (6.4.2, 6.5.0, 6.5.1, 6.6.0, 6.6.1, 6.6.2, 6.6.3, 6.7.0, 6.7.1, 6.7.2, 6.8.0, 6.8.1, 6.6.4, 6.7.3)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events