Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDK capabilities with spaces in name as bamboo variable

Andrei Markov September 23, 2013

If a plan needs to use a specific JDK in a script task, how can I specify it? What works is generic one "java17=${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK}". Say we'd like to use 1.7.025. So far tried:

java17=${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK 1.7.0_25}

java17=${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK\ 1.7.0_25}

java17=${"bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK 1.7.0_25"}

None worked :(

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

We recommend that you do not use capability labels with space characters, if you wish to use them as variables. A possible solution for space characters is to format them with '${}' symbols, however, this does not work in all cases.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Bamboo+variables#Bamboovariables-Specifyingcapabilitiesasvariables

Andrei Markov September 23, 2013

JDKs apparently are autodiscovered and so labels are auto-created. I am hesitant to make changes to all of them (currently about 15 different JDKs in our bamboo). But I found this this works just fine:

java17="${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK 1.7.0_25}"

Since this format is in line with your answer I am going to accept it.

JoeA August 11, 2014

I think it would be really nice if the JDK dropdown was available on script tasks. Since Gradle isn't supported out of the box, the only way to run a Gradle build it by using the script task, not having a JDK dropdown available just makes choosing your own JDK much more complex than it should be.

0 votes
David Shapiro October 10, 2016

Are these variables something I can use inline in the build plan task?  I tried to use java17="${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK 1.7.0_25}" in the inline script, but it throws an invalid substitution error.

Jean-Claude Passy October 10, 2016

See my answer in the same thread: "

${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK 1.8}" works for me, as well as the environment variable "$bamboo_capability_system_jdk_JDK_1_8"
0 votes
Jean-Claude Passy May 31, 2016

Oups, apparently I have to remove the "+" from

${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK+1.8}

which yields

${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK 1.8}

The corresponding environment variable also works (that is printed in the logs) for the sh scripts

$bamboo_capability_system_jdk_JDK_1_8

0 votes
Jean-Claude Passy May 31, 2016

I am hitting the same issue, JDK 1.8, the capability key looks like this:

system.jdk.JDK+1.8

and I do not know how to get rid from the "+"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events