Issue: Duplicate artifacts rows

Andrey Budaev October 21, 2020

After update path for storing artifact in bamboo-cfg.xml (by this manual) a rows began to be duplicated on the tab "artifacts"

Does anybody knows how to fix it? 

art-bambo.png

2 answers

0 votes
yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

Hi all, I  am facing a similar issue . After migration I am seeing duplicate rows in artifacts tab in my build plan 

DuplicateArtifactst.jpg

I checked in the artifact location on Bamboo server "/var/atlassian/bamboo/artifacts/plan-136085508/shared/build-00512/"

And there is a single set of artifacts 

However in addition to incorrect display another  unwanted fallout of this seems to be that my Bamboo Deployment plan is failing with following message 

"Unable to download artifact Non required shared artifact: [Debian Packages], pattern: [*.deb] anchored at: [uca-core/debian_packages]"

Does anyone knows how to deal with this ?

0 votes
Gerhard Forster
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2020

Hello Andrey,

Thanks for your question here in the Community.

Interesting that you see your artifacts logs and build-variables showing up twice now. To me that seems a bit like a left-over from before the configuration change for artifact locations.

Let me ask you this first, after the location change, you restarted Bamboo Server?

And also, if you refresh your Bamboo UI, you still see both artifacts twice on this plan's Build dashboard in the artifact tab?

If your answer is yes and yes, let me ask you one more thing: These artifacts are physically created only once? You could e.g. check that by adding in a Bamboo Script task and there print out the build working directory's content.

If so, that really seems to be merely a representaion, so a display thing. But even then, it's odd.

Let me suggest this quick test, if you remove the artifact definitions and add them back, that makes the trick?

Should at least be worth trying that out. Though better if it helps you out - and that's what I hope.

Thanks and have a good day,

Gerhard

Andrey Budaev October 23, 2020

Let me ask you this first, after the location change, you restarted Bamboo Server?

Yes

if you refresh your Bamboo UI, you still see both artifacts twice on this plan's Build dashboard in the artifact tab

Yes

These artifacts are physically created only once? 

Yes 

plan-metadata.pngstorage.png

Let me suggest this quick test, if you remove the artifact definitions and add them back, that makes the trick?

No, it doesn't help. This duplication is also found in new build plans created after configuration changes.

Gerhard Forster
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2020

That's odd, Andrey, and I also fished for registered bugs for things like "artifact duplication" or the Bamboo configuration change that you performed, but no match.

Though, without having an error message at hand, it's hard to narrow down things. And that said, I fear that we need more data from you here.

So for that, either open and watch out for "artifact" or also "error"or "exception" in your Bamboo Server log (atlassian-bamboo.log) residing in your <Bamboo home directory>/logs folder and post here what you find or open a support case with us and there directly attach a Bamboo Support Zip.

That's about the best I can advise at this point.

Thanks, Gerhard

Andrey Budaev November 15, 2020

-

Andrey Budaev November 16, 2020

-

Andrey Budaev November 16, 2020

Hi, @Gerhard Forster 

Sorry for the not quick answer, I was trying to fix the problem by setting the default path to artifacts. It does not help.

In atlassian-bamboo.log I found this error

2020-11-15 05:58:21,844 ERROR [StreamsCompletionService::thread-2924] [LocalActivityProvider] Exception building feedjava.lang.NullPointerException

P.S. my comments got deleted twice, so I post this without the full error stack

Andrey Budaev November 28, 2020

@Gerhard Forster 

Up.

If you need i can send you support.zip 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events