Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there anyway to trigger the Bamboo deployment project (on schedule) with a specific release?

I have a Bamboo build plan with a deployment project. Currently, the deployment happens manually and we can select the specific release version to be deployed on the server (using the dropdown field selection). Now, if I add the trigger (on schedule), I believe, it always picks up the latest release version. My requirement is to schedule the deployment project and do the deployment based on the specific release version which is required for the deployment & not necessarily be the latest one.
I tried to call the Bamboo using the REST API curl like below by passing the environmentid and versionid:-
curl -X POST 'http://localhost:8085/rest/api/latest/queue/deployment/?environmentId=1212417&versionId=1310721' -u admin:admin -H "Accepts: application/json"
(please assume, the versionId given as '1310721' is 'release-2'). When I executed the REST call, it did the deployment for this release-2 but when the scheduler executed the deployment project, it again took the latest release version which was 'release-3' and not 'release-2'.
Is there any way to tell the Bamboo, okay, this is the release version which needs to be deployed automatically during the on-scheduled deployment trigger. and if the value (release version) is not given let it pick the latest release version.
Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Vinod Kumar ,

The schedule trigger will trigger a deployment based on the latest successful build. If you want to have a schedule trigger based on certain condition(s), you should create a CRON job / Script consuming the REST API as you did (this outside of Bamboo)

If you are looking to have this schedule in Bamboo, then you would be looking at developing a plugin for Bamboo - https://developer.atlassian.com/server/bamboo/

Kind regards,
Rafael

Thanks, for time being to close the requirement, I will stick to writing a cron job. However, the idea of plugin is great and would really be looking forward to develop one.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

694 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you