Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to trigger the Bamboo deployment project (on schedule) with a specific release?

Vinod Kumar September 2, 2019

I have a Bamboo build plan with a deployment project. Currently, the deployment happens manually and we can select the specific release version to be deployed on the server (using the dropdown field selection). Now, if I add the trigger (on schedule), I believe, it always picks up the latest release version. My requirement is to schedule the deployment project and do the deployment based on the specific release version which is required for the deployment & not necessarily be the latest one.
I tried to call the Bamboo using the REST API curl like below by passing the environmentid and versionid:-
curl -X POST 'http://localhost:8085/rest/api/latest/queue/deployment/?environmentId=1212417&versionId=1310721' -u admin:admin -H "Accepts: application/json"
(please assume, the versionId given as '1310721' is 'release-2'). When I executed the REST call, it did the deployment for this release-2 but when the scheduler executed the deployment project, it again took the latest release version which was 'release-3' and not 'release-2'.
Is there any way to tell the Bamboo, okay, this is the release version which needs to be deployed automatically during the on-scheduled deployment trigger. and if the value (release version) is not given let it pick the latest release version.
Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2019

Hi @Vinod Kumar ,

The schedule trigger will trigger a deployment based on the latest successful build. If you want to have a schedule trigger based on certain condition(s), you should create a CRON job / Script consuming the REST API as you did (this outside of Bamboo)

If you are looking to have this schedule in Bamboo, then you would be looking at developing a plugin for Bamboo - https://developer.atlassian.com/server/bamboo/

Kind regards,
Rafael

Vinod Kumar September 2, 2019

Thanks, for time being to close the requirement, I will stick to writing a cron job. However, the idea of plugin is great and would really be looking forward to develop one.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events