Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to trigger the jenkins job after the bamboo plan is complete ?

Anil Kumar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2019
We are using bamboo to deploy the latest build to our application and jenkins has our automation suites.I want to start my automation suite after the new build is deployed.

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2019

The easiest way to achieve this would probably be the Jenkins Generic Webhook Trigger Plugin.

Once you have configured an inbound webhook trigger in Jenkins, you need to invoke it somehow. As is, the various curl based examples there could all be executed via Bamboo's Script task.

If you are wondering why a webhook is not yet amongst the supported Bamboo notification recipient types, you are not alone - please watch and vote for the following issue to further increase Atlassian's priority for this long missing and highly requested feature:

Workaround

If you happen to use AWS, you could also work around the missing webhook notification type via the flexible Automate with AWS notification recipient in our (commercial) Automation with AWS (Bamboo) app, which offers various remote actions such as Invoke Lambda Function, which could then trigger the Jenkins webhook in turn.

• In case I recommend to store the secret token for the webhook invocation in the Systems Manager Parameter Store and reference it from the lambda function at runtime).
  • Disclaimer: I'm a co-founder of this app's vendor Utoolity.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events