Is there a way to initiate code push from Bitbucket server to Bamboo Server outside the network.

Anjali Kartha February 6, 2018

We have bitbucket server hosted within cooperate network that allows only a push and no pull from any server outside network like Bamboo set up in public cloud.

If I am right the current integration only allows bitbucket server to notify bamboo on code commit and bamboo pulls the code.

Is it possible for bitbucket server to push the updated code to bamboo. 

2 answers

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2018

Bitbucket Server has no built-in push support. That being said, you could leverage the popular Repository Mirror Plugin for Bitbucket app to automatically push the code to an externally hosted mirror so that the externally hosted Bamboo instance can pull the code from there in turn.

Obvious mirror targets would be Bitbucket Cloud, GitHub, GitLab or AWS CodeCommit (esp. in case your Bamboo happens to be hosted in AWS, though that's not a requirement of course).

By chance I'm currently exploring a resp. CodeCommit mirroring process for our own use cases and apps, so if you'd like to go down that route, just let me know and I'll try to prioritize a resp. How To.

0 votes
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2018

Hi Anjali,

You can not push the updated code from bitbucket to Bamboo directly. What you can do is to create a Webhook in your repository to notify Bamboo that the code as changed. 

1. Install the Web Post Hooks for Bitbucket Server plugin
  2. Follow the instructions found in the below documentation:
    1. POST service webhook for Bitbucket Server
    2. Triggering a Bamboo build from Bitbucket Cloud using Webhooks
    3. Git Repository - Remote trigger

If you have any further question, please feel free to create a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Thank you.

best,
Gabriel Ribeiro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events