Is there a way to format script output such that it will display differently on the build log window in Bamboo?

Scott Goodwin June 1, 2012

As part of our automated test configuration in Bamboo, we kick of a Perl script as one of the jobs. This perl script outputs errors and issues that it finds to STDOUT on the computer running the remote agent, which is then captured and sent to the build log window in bamboo. That's fine, and works great. What is not great is that the output is all formatted the same. Color, font, etc. This means the devs have to painstakingly look through the build results window and try and pick out the errors that the script has reported.

This is a long shot, but is there a way to format output to STDOUT so that when bamboo collects it, it knows to display it in RED, or in a bigger font, in the results window?

I guess the more general question here is how does one use test scripts effectively via Bamboo if there is no good way to report back these errors in a clear and obvious fashion? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Scott

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Goodwin October 29, 2012

WTF is wrong with this "answer" mechanism? It will not let me answer my own question and be done with it!

0 votes
Scott Goodwin October 25, 2012

See first comment above about the answer to this question.

0 votes
Deleted user October 14, 2012

can't seem to answer my own question

0 votes
Deleted user October 9, 2012

answer above

0 votes
Scott Goodwin June 1, 2012

And just like that, we stumbled onto the fact that "Script" is a build plugin, not a test plugin. Our plan is to have the perl script output to a JUnit-formatted file, then have the JUnit plugin parse and display errors.

Thanks

Matt Babineau June 30, 2013

Hey scotty,

I was wondering if you have developed this plugin and might you be able to share it with us? We are developing something similar for our reporting on the different maven steps we run for each build. We would like different colors for each step's failures. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events