It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to check out a specific branch in "Source Code Checkout" of deployment tasks?

Hello,

I am doing deployments using Ansible tasks, which are called in a deployment task on Bamboo as a script. Before this, the Ansible repository needs to be checked out. I'm doing this using a "Source Code Checkout" task to bring it to the current directory. It seems that it only checks out the master branch. I have a deployment plan that needs to use a different branch of this repository. Is there any way to do this?

1 answer

Hello @Jake Huneau welcome to the Community 🎉

What you are missing is the branch option on the repository side. When you are configuring the "Source Code Checkout" you are able to select a repository, so what you need to do is to create a new repository that is configured to the correct branch.

Did it help? :)

Victor 

Hi @Victor Debone

I actually went a different route. I added script tasks to have it do `git checkout <branch>` and that seems to work.

Thank you though!

Like Victor Debone likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Unable to add or edit Bitbucket Cloud repository in Bamboo

On 31 May, a GDPR-related change went live in the Bitbucket Cloud API that resulted in users not being able to create or edit Bitbucket Cloud Linked repositories in Bamboo. This API update removed t...

677 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you