Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to check out a specific branch in "Source Code Checkout" of deployment tasks?

Jake Huneau April 9, 2019

Hello,

I am doing deployments using Ansible tasks, which are called in a deployment task on Bamboo as a script. Before this, the Ansible repository needs to be checked out. I'm doing this using a "Source Code Checkout" task to bring it to the current directory. It seems that it only checks out the master branch. I have a deployment plan that needs to use a different branch of this repository. Is there any way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2019

Hello @Jake Huneau welcome to the Community 🎉

What you are missing is the branch option on the repository side. When you are configuring the "Source Code Checkout" you are able to select a repository, so what you need to do is to create a new repository that is configured to the correct branch.

Did it help? :)

Victor 

Jake Huneau April 10, 2019

Hi @Victor Debone

I actually went a different route. I added script tasks to have it do `git checkout <branch>` and that seems to work.

Thank you though!

Like # people like this
jvelapol September 8, 2021

That's what we did, too.  Just make sure that your "linked repo" configuration has the "Fetch whole repository" option checked in the Advanced tab.  We had issues until we realized that part wasn't checked.

It'd be nice if Bamboo offered a "override default branch" option in the "Source Code Checkout" field in Deployments.  Until then, `git checkout <branch>` is the way to do it, as far as we've been able to tell.

Like # people like this
Vyacheslav November 25, 2021

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events