cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change a large number of artifact details for bamboo tasks

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

First a little background.

We use bamboo jobs to deploy applications to an environment.

each of our environments consists of approx 25 different apps/services,etc that are all part of the Deploy to an environment.

We typically go from QA to Staging to production but also have a couple QA environments from testing different releases/diff. branches at the same time.

so today we have INT1 to QA1 to Staging for a release that goes out next week.

the release after is in QA2 so it would be INT2 to QA2 to Staging in a month from now roughly.

I have staging currently set to pull buildnumbers and some other artifacts from QA1.  in 3-4 weeks I will need to switch all of those artifact pulls to get buildnumbers and other artifacts form QA2.

currently it takes me 30-40 minutes to change all those artifact pulls each time.

Is there a way to bulk change these?   Do I need to do this with a sql script (which I dont prefer to do but can)?

I have other environments like staging that also have to pull from QA1 or QA2 depending on the release schedule and time.

Important note

We have configured these 25 deploys per env to have 2 different artifact pulls in the job.  One is set to pull from QA1 the other is set to pull from QA2 but at any given time, only 1 of these is enabled and the other disabled.

thanks

Lance

1 answer

0 votes
lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

I was able to see that the artifact task is actually defined and enabled in xml_definition_data.

Now have to find if there is a way to call an api to set that.  doing this via sql is not going to be helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events