Is there a way to block new builds from being submitted on Bamboo when preparing to restart?

luditic March 13, 2019

We occasionally want to restart our bamboo server for issues like a BAMBOO-GIT-PROXY timeout problem.

What is the best way to restart the bamboo service? If I run 'bin/shutdown.sh', will that immediately terminate the Bamboo app and the Tomcat container? Or will Bamboo block new jobs from starting, let all the existing plans continue to run and then shut down when they're done?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2019

I think running 'bin/shutdown.sh' does not provide a way to gracefully block new builds and shutdown once all current builds have finished (not 100% sure though, just my small scale experience). Here's an alternative approach:

You can use the /server/pause REST API to programmatically block new builds from being started, yet allow current builds to finish. I think the only UI integration that exposes this for Bamboo administrators is the 'Manage apps' section - here's a screenshot after I hit the 'Pause server' button while builds are running:

bamboo-pause-server.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events