Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a recommended way to upgrade Bamboo remote-agents?

Elvir Hadzic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

Or do I have to remove the service (using Windows Server 2008) and the agent and then install the new agent exactly like I did the old one?

Or can I maybe even just continue using the old agent when upgrading Bamboo?

I couldn't find any up-to-date information on this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2012

I couldn't find any up-to-date information on this.

Agents have an auto upgrade mechanism (and also downgrade mechanism, to some extent). You shouldn't need to worry about agent upgrades. If you encounter a problem with the auto upgrade, let us know.

Elvir Hadzic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

Thank you very much!

Gary Donovan June 12, 2013

Thanks Przemek,

Is it possible to update the Bamboo documentation to incorporate this knoweldge?

gary

Felipe October 8, 2017

Hi @Przemek Bruski would love to see some documentation about this "auto-upgrade" feature of remote bamboo agents. A client is requesting that we manually upgrade them, and I would like to point out that they upgrade themselves. Thanks.

Mateusz Miara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

Hello, 

if you look at Bamboo Upgrade Guide , there's a section called "Automatic update of remote agent", which explains this. I've also added that information to Bamboo remote agent installation guide

Cheers

hhaag March 7, 2019

The "remote agent installation" guide is unacceptable and should be called "remote agent execution" ! You really don't mention anywhere the right command to install the damn agent!!! It is just a word at the end of it "install" and took me weeks to find it!!! In the instructions on the "agent" section inside the Bamboo-Server is also not mentioned anywhere!

Like # people like this
James Brown August 13, 2020

This is unacceptable documentation. Check this page, which takes you to upgrading Bamboo and not upgrading an agent. Follow the only link, which is for installing an agent, once again not for upgrading an agent.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events