Is it possible to use a single build plan for multiple repositories?

Eric Hewitt March 30, 2018

We have finally taken the plunge and broken our monolithic application into multiple modules.  Each module is stored in a single Bitbucket repository.  I've build a Docker image to handle all of the build, test, publish steps.  I've designed the Docker build image to be generic enough to build any module.  It automatically pulls down the build scripts from a build scripts repo.

So, now what I need is a Bamboo build plan for each repository.  I could manually create these, but they are all almost identical (and I'm going to need 30-40).  The only real difference for each is which repository to build.

Ideally:

* For each repository in a Bitbucket project, watch for changes on a given branch.  If a new repository is added to the project, it automatically gets included.

* When triggered, launch a container for the Docker build image, run it (passing the repository name as a parameter), collect logs. 

It looks like I can do this with Bamboo Specs, but I was hoping for something a bit simpler...

Thanks in advance!

Eric

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2018

Hi Eric,

Bamboo has the capability to add a new plan branch automatically upon every new branch created in a repository or upon every pull request created in Bitbucket. There is no option to automatically define a new repository to a plan. Thus, you would have to define a new repository manually in the UI.

It is also not possible to create new linked repositories from Bamboo Specs or via REST (as of Bamboo 6.4.1). I see there is an open feature request for this and we encourage you to vote for it - BAM-18453 and share your views on a comment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events