Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to specify an environment for a custom command using a capability

korbinian.stoemmer@sap.com February 20, 2018

We provide lots of tools on our agents, but some of those tools require specific environment variables to be set.

e.g.

we have multiple node versions installed. Each of those node versions provide access to some tools like bower.

To expose bower we specify a capability like this:

system.builder.command.bower-8.9.4=/home/bamboouser/.nvm/versions/node/v8.9.4/bin/bower

But in order to make it work for the user i would have to expose a specific PATH like

PATH=/home/bamboouser/.nvm/versions/node/v8.9.4/bin:.....

is it possible to preconfigure such an environment for a given custom command capability?

Thanks in advance,

Korbinian

1 answer

0 votes
Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2018

Hi Korbinian, all bamboo variables are exported to the session on the agent. For example the variable system.builder.command.bower-8.9.4 are accesible for you on the agent like this system_builder_command_bower-8.9.4 you can modify you script and setup the path using environment exported.

A technique that a I haved was print env (linux) or get-childitem env: (windows) on a task for inspect variables tha bamboo injects on the agent on each session.

Cheers.  

korbinian.stoemmer@sap.com February 20, 2018

i know that that it is possible that way. The problem i try to solve is that people currently need to know that they have to setup the environment in such a way.

it would be very cool if our developers could just:

• select the command task
  • select the executable
  • setup the arguments for the command
  • and be all setup

without having to set e.g. PATH=... or NVM_HOME=... or whatever is required.

Cheerio,

Korbinian

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2018

+1 for the cool idea!

Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2018

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events