Is it possible to prompt the user for input with Bamboo?

There are a few plans that I will run manually, and the input parameters to my custom executable scripts will be different depending on the type of build I wish to run. Right now I have to actually change 4-5 jobs on a single plan to put the proper input parameters in, I was wondering if there was a way for me to prompt the user whenever a plan was executed to input parameters manually, and those would translate to each of the individual jobs?

Edit: I did figure out about plan variables that I could use, so this makes it slightly better, but I would still prefer a prompt if that is possible.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

Use "Run Customised" instead of plain "Run" on your plan (available starting with Bamboo 3.1), it will let you override any variables used within your plan.

I see "Run Parameterised" which does it, so I assume Run Customised was probably a different version for the same thing, but that's EXACTLY what i want! Thanks again Przemek!

Brining that up again...

I would also like to require the user input.

In Jenkins a job can have parameters and if you want to run a build, an intermediate screen is diplayed where the user can set / review parameters (with default values filled in).

Is this possible with Bamboo?

I would like to to do this as well. I have manual stages defined for a single plan. Different variables are required depending on stages being run, however devs always forget to enter the necessary values. Anyway to accomplish this?

I need this one too..would be great if anyone discovered anyother workaround here.

We need this feature too.. Is there a workaround?

I know, it's been a while since subject was requested... I'd like to see it implemented as well.

0 votes
Slava Ross I'm New Here Monday

In our case I would like the user to decide, how to proceed in case of specific job output, is there a way to do so?

@Slava Ross, it looks like your case is described at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11257. Vote for it and watch for updates

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,078 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot