Is it possible to automatically create Bamboo branch plans but not clone the trigger as well?

Please consider the following:

• We have:
  •  
    • a JIRA (Server)
    • a Stash (Server)
    • a Bamboo (Server)
    • all three applications have applications links between each other
    • JIRA issues in a project
    • a Stash repo in a Stash project
    • the repo contains a single "master" branch
    • standard branching model has been selected
    • the JIRA project and the Stash project are linked using an "entity link" (just in case)
  • We want:
    • the master branch in Stash to always represent your stable code base
    • a Bamboo build plan always compiling the master branch once a change has been done
    • all developers to work in feature (e.g.) branches based on their issues they work on
    • one separate Bamboo build plan (for each branch) to be automatically detected and created when a feature branch is being created
      • but that Bamboo build plan for that feature branch is not supposed to automatically build
      • essentially this is supposed to be built only once when the pull-request is created in stash

Background info:

The reason behind this is, that the build environment has a footprint of about 40GBytes, thus we want to minimize the load on the CI-server since developers compile and run the unit-tests on their local dev-machines anyway ...

Now here is the question:

How can we implement this?

We are open for any suggestions, plugins, scripts whatever you can come up with.

Reference:

We are referring to the slide #157 of the presentation: Getting GIT right

1 answer

0 votes

This feature is currently planned for Bamboo 5.10

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

80 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you