Integrating bamboo with Git repository issue

Hello Everyone,

I am facing an issue while Test connecting to Git Repository from bamboo.

We couldn't connect to the repository. Here's what we got back:

Could not test connection using selected authentication method. Please save repository configuration first to upload the private key file.

Thanks,

Pradeep Y.

5 answers

Ran into this issue as well. Didn't realize it was as easy as it was to fix. It's saying it can't TEST connection until you've saved the repo (dumb yes, but that's whats going on) 

You go to the bottom, click save then go into linked repos and then you can test and edit the repo. Not that intuitive but it works.

0 votes

Looks like you are using SSH protocol. It so, you need to upload a valid private key as suggested in the error message. Go to the linked repository and edit it to make the changes!

Thanks Jobin.

I have already uploaded the private key. Even though it is throwing the error.

Hey,

I am facing "We couldn't connect to the repository. The details you provided were invalid." when I tried to connect the Test Connection.

I am facing similar type of issue using Bamboo-6.0.0, following are the few details of creating new repository:

Repository host : Git

Name : TESTREPO1

Repository URL : git://<Host Name for on-premises Git Server>:<Port no for on- premises Git Server>/<Git Project path>

Authentication type  : SSH private key

Choose "Use shared credentials"

Shared credentials  : <Shared Credential what already created>

Branch : master

Now while click on "Test connection" button getting bellow error:

fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: HTTP

Kindly let me know how to resolve this issue....

Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,087 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot