Integrating Bamboo server with Bitbucket cloud

Raju Adluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Hi Community

We would like integrate Bamboo server( latest) with Bitbucket cloud(Atlassian).

our Bamboo server is within firewall, not able to access from internet.

I don't see any white list options in bamboo server.

I saw option for triggers in bamboo plans to add bitbucket cloud IP list.

but how to connect  repo, using SSH shared creds, we are getting error:

"we could not connect to repo, details provided were incorrect"

Anybody faced same issue, how to resolve this?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Hi @Raju Adluru ,

For Bamboo to access Bitbucket cloud repository, it is necessary to open the standard ports for HTTP/HTTPS/SSH which are 80/443/22 on the Bamboo server as explained in this documentation.

It is not clear what exactly you're doing and where you're getting the mentioned error. If you are getting a 403 Forbidden error when trying to communicate to Bitbucket Cloud, it means you are using an incorrect password when you created the repository configuration, so let's check that first.

Please do the following:

1. From Bitbucket Cloud, go to Bitbucket settings -> App passwords, and generate a password with sufficient access.
  2. In Bamboo, in the repository configuration screen, click on "Change password", and input the App password you just generated.
  3. Click on "Load repositories", select the correct one.
  4. Click on "Test Connection".

If everything was done properly, this should work.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Jey

Raju Adluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Jey

Thank you for the update, Sure, let me check these and update you.

Bitbucket cloud is not able see to our Bamboo server, which is inside the firewall, working with network team to check ports and secure certs.

I am able to telnet bitbucket from Bamboo server.

Thanks

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2020

Sure thing. Good luck!

Cheers, Jey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events