Inline script variables subtitling.

Hello,

Is it possible to prevent variables subscription in Bamboo inline powershell / bash without moving it to the external script's file (For insline script all ${bamboo.<var>} become real data.)?

Bamboo version is 5.15.

2 answers

Hi neb0t,

Based on the description it appears you're trying to prevent Bamboo from dumping its own variables to the Terminal. If that is not correct please let me know and we'll go from there. In the meantime take a look at the Community post Can you wait and set Bamboo Variables in an inline script as that may provide some additional clues to help you accomplish this goal.

Also, if you could provide a bit more of a description of what you're trying to accomplish and possibly provide a use case that would allow us to more accurately answer this question.

Cheers,

Branden

Yes. I do not want to expose my password in the task or terminal or any other section in the job configuration.

Inline script variables also looks badly - I still can see unmasked password.

From official atlassian documentation I found that I'm not able to prevent dumping date from inline script but I couldn't find any information about external (file) script.

i just want to use ${bamboo.SUPER_PASSWORD} in the inline script, but I'm getting value instead of original definition.

Hi,

When running a Script task in Bamboo, all bamboo<dot> variables will become available to the script to be used whenever needed, e.g. If in the script inline you are attempting to connect to another server, e.g:

ssh user01:${bamboo.password}@domain.com

In the Bamboo logs, the password will be masked, however, ${bamboo.password} value will be used when the SSH command gets executed.  When running a Script task, Bamboo creates a child session of Terminal/CMD/Powershell and the Bamboo variables will be available for the duration of the script.

If user has defined a variable (e.g bamboo.password = mySecretPassword) in Bamboo and in that particular JOB he wants to run a Script task but not use the value defined for that variable, you could run a custom build overwriting the existent variables.

At this point can I have the following informaiton:

• What you have defined in bamboo
  • Your inline script
  • The actual result
  • The expected result

Cheers,

Branden

Sure. 

So, here is what I got:

link

Original script was :

link

I used this plugin: link

0 votes

Hi,

Did you mean that you wanted to Inject new Bamboo variables from your script file directly instead of Inject Bamboo variables task that wants a properties file location?

If your requirement is to just use variables within a script, how about using just the environment variables of your operating system?

Not exactly: I want to grub value from the Bamboo shared variables during runtime (job execution).

i used DSL plugin to generate script inline job, but bamboo replaced all ${bamboo.var} with the values.

Then I tried to use $bamboo_var but output did not have any valid data from the shared variable.

I think if I will use external file (powershell script) with bamboo variable then it might work.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,064 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot