Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inline Python Scripting possible?

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2011

Is it possible with inline scripts to be able to use python? I know it does bash scripting just fine, didn't know if there was a plugin that could do inline python or not.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2011

Just use:

/usr/bin/python <<EOF
print "Hello, World!"
EOF

as the inline script body.

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2011

Once again... you are amazing. Thanks again

Kavi Manohar October 26, 2018

when I tried it, I get this error

<< was unexpected at this time.

Like Anchita Birla likes this
Landon Cooper March 1, 2019

@Przemek Bruski  thank you for your reply

I am still getting error when attempting an python script "inline".  I know your response is straight forward but can you elaborate more on how to achieve a python script inline?

0 votes
Frederik April 9, 2018

If you want to execute a longer script and use the "Command" task with a Python executable in order to have the Python capability automatically added you can do the following:

1. Add a script task with code like this:
    cat <<EOF >script.py

print "Hello, World!"

EOF
  2. Add a command task with executable "python" and argument "script.py"
0 votes
ReneR
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2011

Then again, anything non trivial should probably go into a file anyway.

Definitely. You can backup your database. But any build scripts should always be part of your source repository, whenever possible. You don't want to do a lot of 'hidden magic' that exists only in Bamboo Tasks (or any other CI tool for that matter)

0 votes
Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2011

python -c "print 'Hello, World!'"

Maybe not the best solution for a large amount of python code. Then again, anything non trivial should probably go into a file anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events