Implementing continuous delivery

Maddy M March 21, 2019

Hi,

I am new to bamboo. I am trying to set up following.

development branch ---> release branch(snapshot) ---> release package.

- I created a plan with build process to build development branch all the time.

- Once we decide to create a release branch, I added another stage and wrote a script using git commands to create new release branch and updated all versions to release-snapshot version

Now we have two branches, once for development(Poms version with development) and one for release(poms with -snapshot version)

- I created another stage with a script to update all poms versions in release branch without snapshot and trying to build the package.

I have an issue issue here, with these stages

Stage one is for building development-- no issues

Stage two is for create release branch with snapshot poms. --no issues.

Stage three when I change snapshot to release, bamboo is still referencing snapshot version and building snapshot package even after changing the version.

I am trying to automate these three steps with maven and bamboo. Could you please advise on this?

I am trying to set version from snapshot to release and build package for me. Also, these stages, I have to add a condition to ignore these  step 1 and step 2  or disable then incase of building release package.

Any example links and other information is helpful

Appreciate your help on this.

Maddy

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events