Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Implementing continuous delivery Edited

Hi,

I am new to bamboo. I am trying to set up following.

development branch ---> release branch(snapshot) ---> release package.

- I created a plan with build process to build development branch all the time.

- Once we decide to create a release branch, I added another stage and wrote a script using git commands to create new release branch and updated all versions to release-snapshot version

Now we have two branches, once for development(Poms version with development) and one for release(poms with -snapshot version)

- I created another stage with a script to update all poms versions in release branch without snapshot and trying to build the package.

I have an issue issue here, with these stages

Stage one is for building development-- no issues

Stage two is for create release branch with snapshot poms. --no issues.

Stage three when I change snapshot to release, bamboo is still referencing snapshot version and building snapshot package even after changing the version.

I am trying to automate these three steps with maven and bamboo. Could you please advise on this?

I am trying to set version from snapshot to release and build package for me. Also, these stages, I have to add a condition to ignore these  step 1 and step 2  or disable then incase of building release package.

Any example links and other information is helpful

Appreciate your help on this.

Maddy

1 answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

675 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you