It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Ignore build trigger of Bitbucket repository in YAML specs

fstr I'm New Here Jun 29, 2020

I'm running Bamboo 7.0.4. I have defined my build plan as YAML specs.

The build plan is connected to multiple linked repositories hosted on Bitbucket Server. One of them is the main repository which should trigger the build. The others are checked-out to fetch some configuration files. I'm using the repository-checkout task for this.

After setting up this configuration, a commit to any linked repository will trigger a build.

Is there a way to ignore triggers of linked repositories in the YAML specs?

The YAML specs manual states (section triggers):

If your plan repository is Bitbucket Server, the Bitbucket Server trigger will be used instead.

The YAML specs manual states (section repository triggers build on commit)

On the Bamboo side, use the triggers(new RemoteTrigger()) on plan definition. By default the remote trigger will react on all triggering repositories defined in a plan. You can limit it by selecting a subset of repositories.

And on the right hand side, the YAML doesn't match this comment:

A plan listening for events from a my-repo repository from 12.34.56.78 IP address.

The manual is quite misleading. Is it currently possible to ignore triggers of linked repositories (ideally by name) in YAML specs?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It's not implemented  yet, please vote and watch status of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-20932

Thanks! I'll vote for it in JIRA :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Cannot save a repository using Chrome v83 and other Chromium based browsers such as Edge

Hello Bamboo Community, I'm Jey from Bamboo Support team. If you have upgraded your Chrome browser to version 83 recently, it is observed that the save operation just spins and never completes w...

417 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you