Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to generate checkstyld and java doc reports . But want to pass the build in any case.

Vineela May 13, 2019

Hi Team ,

As part of CICD implementation , i need to generate reports such as checkstyle and Javadoc. But I dont want the stage result effect build result. I want the build to pass irrespective of stage or task of report generation succeeds or not . Any suggestion . Tried with final stage inclusion in master but it doesn't resolve my complete requirement . Adding a build fail trigger will not be efficient as it runs all other steps again. Help me here.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2019

Hi @Vineela

Let me comment on your comments. I want to be on the same page as you.

As part of CICD implementation , i need to generate reports such as checkstyle and Javadoc. But I dont want the stage result effect build result.

Can you give me more detais on this part?
"I dont want the stage result effect build result.".

I want the build to pass irrespective of stage or task of report generation succeeds or not . Any suggestion .

We can't configure a build to run restrictively, but if all your stages are configured as final ones, all should run and all the jobs in them should run. The problem is if you have a failed task the next one inside the same job will not run.  

Tried with final stage inclusion in master but it doesn't resolve my complete requirement.

What was the requirement missing for you in this case?

Adding a build fail trigger will not be efficient as it runs all other steps again. Help me here.

Can you also describe this part better?

Vineela May 19, 2019

Hi Daniel, the query here is I want a stage to run (lets say reports generation) only if the build is successful . Also I don't want the reports generation stage affect the build result . Just that it should run when build is successful .

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2019

Hi @Vineela

I think this Atlassian Labs plugin would solve your problem, but it is not updated to the latest version of Bamboo. At the moment of this message, it is compatible with versions between 6.4.0 and 6.7.3 (including them).

Atlassian Labs plugins are not supported and users cannot expect them to be updated or have bugs fixed, but I'm working internally to check if we can update this one considering its utility to multiple customers.

As an alternative, I would try to use a script task as the last task of the last stage to run the reports. I would run in such a way that the error return would be always 0 (which means success). We can do that if we wrap our bash commands with true :

command || true

Another alternative, for now, would be creating a deployment project just to fire the reports and having it configured to run on every successful build.

I hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events