Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an error when switching to S3 for artifact storage

Jeff Hansen July 6, 2015
I entered my access key and secret key in the "Shared Credentials" section of Bamboo Administration, then went to switch my artifact storage to S3, and I get the following error:
Bucket does not exist and/or could not be created. Check your AWS credentials to ensure they have sufficient permissions.
I've even tried this with an access key that has full access to everything on the entire AWS account, but to no avail.  Here is the inline policy attached to the account, which should work fine, AFAICT:

{
    "Version": "2012-10-17",
    "Statement": [
        {
            "Sid": "Stmt1436196480000",
            "Effect": "Allow",
            "Action": [
                "s3:GetBucketLocation",
                "s3:ListAllMyBuckets",
                "s3:ListBucket"
            ],
            "Resource": [
                "arn:aws:s3:::*"
            ]
        }
    ]
}

And for full-access to that particular bucket:

{
    "Version": "2012-10-17",
    "Statement": [
        {
            "Sid": "Stmt1436195288000",
            "Effect": "Allow",
            "Action": [
                "s3:*"
            ],
            "Resource": [
                "arn:aws:s3:::bamboo-artifacts",
                "arn:aws:s3:::bamboo-artifacts/*"
            ]
        }
    ]
}

2 answers

0 votes
Vlad Salagean October 5, 2015

I get the same error switching back from Atlassian Cloud to Amazon S3 with a previously created bucket name. With a new bucket name it works (artifacts storage settings get saved), but the build artifacts are not copied.

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2015

Hi Jeff, 

Did you try to follow the instructions here: Add AWS credentials to Bamboo?  This should do the trick for you. smile

Hope this helps! 

Cheers!

Jeff Hansen July 27, 2015

I didn't try that, and that may work, but what is the point of the S3 artifact bucket setup UI in Bamboo if I just get the error above? I can do everything manually using the article you gave me above, but it seems like Bamboo should be able to integrate more easily/automatically based on the Bamboo UI.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events