I can access remote git repository from Bamboo using only one Repository URL

I am trying to get Bamboo to connect with our remote git repository and can only connect by using the following configuration in "Repository URL"

/absolute/path/to/repro/.git

with 'Authentication Type' set to 'None'. In Fisheye, I am able to use

user@server:foo.git

with Authentication type set to None, but I can't do the same in Bamboo. Can someone please help out.

Thanks!

5 answers

The error I am getting when using

user@server:foo.git is

Error encountered while triggering manual build: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: user@server:foo.git: Auth fail

Plan 'TEST' did not start

0 votes

Does user@server:/~/foo.git work?

Are you using native git in Bamboo?

No. getting the same RepositoryException error.

Again, I have the same set up (user@server:foo.git) in Fisheye and am having no problems. Both Fisheye and Bamboo are running as the same user on the same machine.

What do you mean "native git"? git comes with Bamboo? Like Fisheye, it might be using the server version in /usr/bin/git and it's version 1.7.1

0 votes

make sure native git capability is defined on Bamboo Server in Administration/Server Capabiliities (and on agents, if you're using remote agents)

There are two types of agents, local and remote, correct. I thought locals were running on the same server as bamboo while your remotes run on different servers. Do we need to have remote servers running on remote servers to access the remote repository? Is there documentation for this?

Under Server Capabilities, I see "Git" and that version of git is pointing to /usr/bin/git. I don't see a "native git capability". Do I add this as a custom capability?

I verified that the agents as well as the bamboo server are using /usr/bin/git.

Are the agents checking out the code? Who are the agents running as? The same owner as the server? I am trying to determine "who" the person is that is accessing the remote repository.

After reading other peoples' issue, I noticed that bamboo does use jgit for some operations. I installed org.eclipse.jgit-1.3.0.jar in WEB-INF/lib, and restarted the server, but still getting the same error. Any suggestions? Thanks

More information:

I created a script that was able to clone the repository so the agent is not being denied access to the remote repository.

More information from the log file

Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:484)
at org.shaded.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschConfigSessionFactory.getSession(JschConfigSessionFactory.java:128)
... 245 more

I want to see the 245 more errors since this isn't giving me any feedback.

I have set the Auth Type to 'None'.

More data. I am seeing this on startup and not sure if it is related to not being able to lo into git. At this point I am grasping and will shortly throw my hands up. I am currently evaluating the product for purchase and we won't be able to go any further if this isn't resolved.

2012-06-19 16:00:43,860 WARN [main] [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [bucket.user.propertyset.BucketPropertySetItem]; using defaults.
2012-06-19 16:00:46,049 WARN [main] [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [net.sf.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache]; using defaults.
2012-06-19 16:00:46,053 WARN [main] [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [net.sf.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache]; using defaults.
2012-06-19 16:00:51,547 WARN [main] [CustomType] custom type does not implement Serializable: class com.atlassian.bamboo.security.acegi.acls.HibernateSidUserType
2012-06-19 16:00:51,560 WARN [main] [CustomType] custom type does not implement Serializable: class com.atlassian.bamboo.security.acegi.acls.HibernateSidUserType
2012-06-19 16:00:51,560 WARN [main] [CustomType] custom type does not implement Serializable: class com.atlassian.bamboo.security.acegi.acls.HibernatePermissionUserType

The warnings are unrelated to your problem. I think it's best if you contacted support at support.atlassian.com

I am seeing jgit errors in my logs. We do not have jgit installed and I have specified native git in the server and agent capability. How can this system avoid using jgit.

I'm able to use this as the URL: http://localhost:7990/scm/TEST/test.git

And then I select username/password and I put in admin and the admin password

If I put admin@ I get this duplicate name error, so I just removed it off the URL.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,063 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot