Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How we can configure job with conditional tasks for bamboo Plug-in? Edited

One of my user needs for his bamboo job a plug-in called conditional tasks for bamboo, can you please provide me the details about that plug-in like how it is useful to the bamboo job and where this one used, when will this plug-in gives notification?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @koteswararao,

Good question!
First of all, I would like to make it clear that this is an Atlassian labs plugin.

(...)The apps are often developed in conjunction with Atlassian hack-a-thons and ShipIt days and are provided to you completely “as-is”, with all bugs and errors, and are not supported by Atlassian.(...)

Reference: Atlassian Labs | Atlassian Marketplace

How this plugin works

When installed in your instance (thought Admin > Manage apps > Find new apps ), every build task will have the following checkbox added to its configuration section:

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 15.33.25.png

When checked this will allow two possible configurations:

1. Select which user should run the build as a condition for this task to run
    Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 15.33.09.png
  2. Select which plan variable of global variable will be checked to decide if this task will run or not
    Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 15.25.13.png

⚠️This will not work with injected variables, but only with plan or global ones.
⚠️⚠️The name of the variable does not include bamboo at the beginning.
e.g. the variable bamboo.planRepository.1.branchName should be added as planRepository.1.branchName.

The example of configuration shared will only run the task if the branch name starts with bug or feature.

There is no notification when the task is not run, but in the build logs you will see something like:

simple 13-Jun-2019 15:29:56 Found conditional task: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask:task.builder.script . Skipping task because conditions were not met.

In this case, a script task was skipped because it was configured with a condition that was not met.

Please let me know if you have more questions on this matter.

I tried the conditional variable which I defined in the plan did not work either.  I defined the variable "deployment=true" and used it as "${deployment}" for the condition type and 

control new release as "${bamboo.deployment}==true"

The error that I got:

Condition com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-conditional-tasks:variableCondition wasn't met. Skipping task.

Thanks,

Ieng

Hi @Ieng_Lao

You should use just "deployment equals|match true".
e.g.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 09.44.03.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 101 Video

G’day Community! As we gear up to introduce Bamboo Data Center to the world, we wanted to make sure that we shared a bit more about Bamboo, the product. Our team has put together an overview video ...

227 views 4 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you