Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we can configure job with conditional tasks for bamboo Plug-in?

koteswararao June 11, 2019

One of my user needs for his bamboo job a plug-in called conditional tasks for bamboo, can you please provide me the details about that plug-in like how it is useful to the bamboo job and where this one used, when will this plug-in gives notification?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

Hi @koteswararao,

Good question!
First of all, I would like to make it clear that this is an Atlassian labs plugin.

(...)The apps are often developed in conjunction with Atlassian hack-a-thons and ShipIt days and are provided to you completely “as-is”, with all bugs and errors, and are not supported by Atlassian.(...)

Reference: Atlassian Labs | Atlassian Marketplace

How this plugin works

When installed in your instance (thought Admin > Manage apps > Find new apps ), every build task will have the following checkbox added to its configuration section:

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 15.33.25.png

When checked this will allow two possible configurations:

1. Select which user should run the build as a condition for this task to run
    Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 15.33.09.png
  2. Select which plan variable of global variable will be checked to decide if this task will run or not
    Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 15.25.13.png

⚠️This will not work with injected variables, but only with plan or global ones.
⚠️⚠️The name of the variable does not include bamboo at the beginning.
e.g. the variable bamboo.planRepository.1.branchName should be added as planRepository.1.branchName.

The example of configuration shared will only run the task if the branch name starts with bug or feature.

There is no notification when the task is not run, but in the build logs you will see something like:

simple 13-Jun-2019 15:29:56 Found conditional task: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask:task.builder.script . Skipping task because conditions were not met.

In this case, a script task was skipped because it was configured with a condition that was not met.

Please let me know if you have more questions on this matter.

Ieng Lao September 14, 2019

I tried the conditional variable which I defined in the plan did not work either.  I defined the variable "deployment=true" and used it as "${deployment}" for the condition type and 

control new release as "${bamboo.deployment}==true"

The error that I got:

Condition com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-conditional-tasks:variableCondition wasn't met. Skipping task.

Thanks,

Ieng

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hi @Ieng Lao

You should use just "deployment equals|match true".
e.g.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 09.44.03.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events