How to utilize build version metadata?

Rhobin Jay Faigones May 9, 2023

I want to display the calculated version number of the artifact created on the build. How can I utilize the version metadata from the build summary view?

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rhobin Jay Faigones June 1, 2023

I found out that the Version Metadata is came from the GitVersion plugin. When this plugin is turned off, the said section is not visible on the build summary. Then, to be able to utilize it, you need to use the GitVersion Task.

0 votes
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2023

Hello @Rhobin Jay Faigones,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

We can't recognise the "Version Metadata" block you highlighted in the screenshot. Is that a customised version? Can you please clarify that one?

The General build metadata is on the build results page's "Metadata" tab. You can also locate per-Job metadata by clicking on each Job result in the left corner of the main build results and then selecting the "Metadata" tab.

Cheers,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful--

Rhobin Jay Faigones May 11, 2023

Hi @Eduardo Alvarenga

Thanks for responding to my question. It was found out that the version metadata is coming from GitVersion add-on.

Follow-up question, is it possible for the job metadata to be promoted as a build metadata? If yes, how?

Regards,

Rhobin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events