How to trigger a build and pass in a bamboo global variable

Hi,

We have some builds that finish up and are checked into svn with a version (2.00.00.052).  We would like to trigger a deploy of that build by calling the deploy project and setting the deploy.buildnumber variable to 2.00.00.052)

Is there a way to trigger a deploy with RESTful API passing in the deploy.buildnumber=2.00.00.052 value?

I am able to do this with teamcity but cant figure out how to do this with Bamboo.

We tried to have the deploy part of the build project and created a deploy stage but that has problems as well based on Bamboo pulling the repositories before it executes the various jobs in the stages.

Please dont answer about generic triggering of other builds... it has to involve passing the deploy.buildnumber to the other deploy project.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

I think my answer to your other question applies here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/17440053/answers/17893142

That is what I did.  I pushed the full release number (2.00.00.052) to a buildnumber.txt file, then shared it, did an artifact download on the dependent deploy project and read in the new buildnumber to deploy.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,493 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you