How to switch from using Source Repositories to Shared Repositories

I have created a number of plans with individual source repositories defined per-plan (not really realizing that shared repositories were an option). Realizing I needed to make a change to all of them, I assumed there was a better way... shared repositories. So, I created a shared repository that mirrored how I set up my source repositories. Then I went and tried to reconfigure my plans to use this new shared repository.... but I can't figure out how. Any ideas? Surely I don't have to re-create all my plans from scratch...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Once you have created your shared repository, browse to the Source Repositories tab of the plan you want to switch to the Shared Repository, click on the Repository in question and select the Shared Repository you have created useing the Source Repository dropdown.

My issue was that the Shared Repositories being listed in the Source Repositories drop-down was non-obvious. I never even considered looking there. I made a suggestion that the label for that drop-down be changed to just "Repositories".

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,449 views 20 14
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you