Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start bamboo remote agent after server restart

Sudheera H July 16, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Bamboo remote agent installation guide

How to start bamboo remote agent after server restart. After VM restart where agent is running I can see the status of the remote agent in bamboo as 'offline'.

3 answers

0 votes
darkyak June 13, 2018

Hello all,

From my personnal environment, in a EC2 Elastic agent on Windows, the Bamboo agent is NOT implemented as a Windows NT Service, it is triggered by a scheduled tasks when the computer starts.

The task is named ElasticBambooAgent and its single action is to run "C:\Users\Bamboo\start-agent.bat" under the Bamboo user account.

François

0 votes
Jose Villalta January 4, 2017

I have the same question, but my agent is running on Linux. What's the best way to restart the service?

Mitch Gann March 19, 2018

How has this not been answered yet?  We are having the same problem.  How do you start an offline remote agent?

Like anddave likes this
anddave January 31, 2019

...and still?

Mitch Gann March 1, 2019

What worked for us is much simpler.  On the Linux server where we installed the agent:

cd /bamboo-home/bamboo-agent-home/bin

./bamboo-agent.sh stop|start|restart

Why thats not listed on the documentation page referenced above is beyond me..

Like anddave likes this
0 votes
Sudheera H July 16, 2016

Just figured out. If its running as windows service you have to start the service in the remote server.

I am not sure this can be possible through bamboo.

Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2016

No, you can only achieve this from the remote PC itself

Oleksiy Pavlenko January 12, 2017

What is the name of the service? Would be helpful to include in the answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events