Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to specify JUnit Parser that particular test is expected to be failed.

Mykola Liubchak September 16, 2020

I need to be sure that all test cases are passed and don't have false positive. So I would like to add the always failing test and in JUnit Parser I would like to specify that this test cases will alway failed, otherwise I can not rely on another test cases.

1 answer

0 votes
Richard White _TechTime_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2020

Hi Mykola,

There are a couple of ways you could approach this. It depends on why the test case is failing and whether it causes your build task to fail (ie the process returns non zero exit code)

Some options:

Quarantine the test - This enables bamboo build to pass, assuming your build completes without error. This must be enabled globally in bamboo settings.

Add @Ignore annotation to your code This is useful if the test is causing the build to fail itself (ie not as a result of the bamboo test parsing, but in the actual build task)

In both cases these tests will appear under skipped / ignored tests section in bamboo test results tab.

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 8.32.50 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events