Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve "Plan import is blocked to prevent deleting your plan plugin configurations silently."

Nik Skoufis September 2, 2017

I'm receiving the following error when trying to publish my Bamboo spec for the first time.

2017-09-03 02:59:26,625 INFO [BambooServer] Publishing plan CWP-BSCR
2017-09-03 02:59:27,366 INFO [BambooServer] An error occurred while publishing plan CWP-BSCR: Plan import is blocked to prevent deleting your plan plugin configurations silently. If you are confident that you want to delete all plan plugin configurations, use com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.api.builders.plan.Plan.noPluginConfigurations method explicitly.
2017-09-03 02:59:27,367 DEBUG [BambooServer] {"errors":["Plan import is blocked to prevent deleting your plan plugin configurations silently. If you are confident that you want to delete all plan plugin configurations, use com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.api.builders.plan.Plan.noPluginConfigurations method explicitly."],"fieldErrors":{}}

Note that the plan and project that I'm trying to publish already exist on the server and should have identical configuration.

Can anyone shed some more light as to the reason behind this error?

1 answer

3 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

Bamboo 6.1 release contined support for Miscellanous plugins configuration via Bamboo Specs. 

Since it was not possible to configure this part of plan via Bamboo Specs before 6.1  some users might have configure it via UI. If you're going to use the same plan specification in 6.1 it could clear all plugin configurations. This could lead to data loss and configuration problem which might not be easy to find. That's why we introduced a safty check which prevents users from clearing parts of configuration which werent available in previous Bamboo releases. 

In order to fix the problem you need to do one of the two following things:

• Preferred: Include plugin configuration and your plan specification (you can use export feature to export existing configuration) 
  • Use Plan#noPluginConfiguration to explicitly state you want to reset this part of Plan config to default (this method is deprecated and will be removed in the future)

The same safety check was implemented for plan notifications. 

Pawel Rein March 22, 2018

Does your answer apply to YAML specs as well? I'm getting that error trying a "hello world" yaml spec. I can only export the existing configuration to java specs, not yaml specs and I am not sure how the translation would look like. I couldn't find anything plugin related in yaml spec reference.

Jesper Blomquist April 5, 2019

+1

This more or less makes YAML specs worthless.

How come YAML specs are so much behind? And how come this question has been unanswered for over a year?

ti3r April 3, 2020

Any news on this answer? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events