How to solve "Plan import is blocked to prevent deleting your plan plugin configurations silently."

I'm receiving the following error when trying to publish my Bamboo spec for the first time.

2017-09-03 02:59:26,625 INFO [BambooServer] Publishing plan CWP-BSCR
2017-09-03 02:59:27,366 INFO [BambooServer] An error occurred while publishing plan CWP-BSCR: Plan import is blocked to prevent deleting your plan plugin configurations silently. If you are confident that you want to delete all plan plugin configurations, use com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.api.builders.plan.Plan.noPluginConfigurations method explicitly.
2017-09-03 02:59:27,367 DEBUG [BambooServer] {"errors":["Plan import is blocked to prevent deleting your plan plugin configurations silently. If you are confident that you want to delete all plan plugin configurations, use com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.api.builders.plan.Plan.noPluginConfigurations method explicitly."],"fieldErrors":{}}

Note that the plan and project that I'm trying to publish already exist on the server and should have identical configuration.

Can anyone shed some more light as to the reason behind this error?

1 answer

3 votes

Bamboo 6.1 release contined support for Miscellanous plugins configuration via Bamboo Specs. 

Since it was not possible to configure this part of plan via Bamboo Specs before 6.1  some users might have configure it via UI. If you're going to use the same plan specification in 6.1 it could clear all plugin configurations. This could lead to data loss and configuration problem which might not be easy to find. That's why we introduced a safty check which prevents users from clearing parts of configuration which werent available in previous Bamboo releases. 

In order to fix the problem you need to do one of the two following things:

• Preferred: Include plugin configuration and your plan specification (you can use export feature to export existing configuration) 
  • Use Plan#noPluginConfiguration to explicitly state you want to reset this part of Plan config to default (this method is deprecated and will be removed in the future)

The same safety check was implemented for plan notifications. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,096 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot