Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup parent plans

elmstoneandy October 25, 2018

I have a C++/Qt project for which a release is a combination of 6 different builds which all run as different plans because they target different platforms (i.e. win32, win64, macx etc etc). I have setup a parent plan which allows me to trigger the corresponding child plans: e.g.

Project Plans:

build-production-win32
build-production-win64
build-production-macx
build-production-linxu64
build-production-ios
build-production-android
build-production-all (does nothing, then invokes the above builds using child plans)

How do I get the parent plan to wait on the completion of the child plans so I can download the artifacts created and make them available for a deployment plan? OR

How do I get a deployment plan with multiple build plans as input to ensure the artifacts from its dependent plans are build from the correct git hash?

In an ideal world, it would be able to trigger a release from JIRA, calling the correct parent build plan (build-[production, beta etc]-all), and then have a single deployment plan which i can hit release on which works if all platform plans build successfully. I cannot see how to make that happen (?)

I then want to replicate this for different branches, some using branch plans, some using explicitly separate plans (differences in scripts which need calling etc), but I think that would be easy if I can work out how to do it for one branch.

Any help would be appreciated, it seems like several points in this workflow are just not supported at all!

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2018

Instead of different Plans, how about using different Jobs inside a single Plan for each environment build?

Each Job can be configured to have certain requirement so that different agents from different environments will build it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events