How to setup atlassian-cli 9.2 to use netrc

Matthieu Brucher May 1, 2020

Hi,

This is something that used to work with 8.8.0, but now with 9,2,0, I get the following error:

Parameter error: This function requires a non-blank value for parameter password

I have the user name and password in my .netrc file, so I thought the command line client would pick it up? I didn't build both versions, so maybe there was an option to add when building the jar?

1 answer

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2020

Hi @Matthieu Brucher ,

Welcome to Community and Thanks for posting your Bamboo Command Line Interface ( CLI) requirement in Community!

We are from the Bobswift support team and we have raised a support request SUPPORT-3989 in our portal to troubleshoot the reported issue and please sign up to the portal. Once you signup, please let us know your username so that we can add yourself to the reporter of the support request.

Can you please provide us below additional details to troubleshoot the issue further.

• Please let us know how you calling the .netrc file for CLI action.
  • Provide us .netrc file by removing login details.
  • Append --debug to action you are running and provide us debug logs.
  • Let us how you defined .netrc file in CLI 8.8 and CLI 9.2

Also for CLI 9.2, it is recommended to define Server and Login details in acli.properties file and alternatively you can define use environment variables for password parameters. Please find How to use environment variables for password parameters for your reference.

Thanks,
Avinash

Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2020

Hi @Matthieu Brucher ,

I just wanted to touch base with you and see whether you got a chance to review our previous message. 

Thanks,

Avinash

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events