Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup an Inline Python script

Shannon Pisone February 6, 2019

I am new to Bamboo.  I setup my Plan and want to use a Task Script to use my python code inline.  I am using this against a Windows agent.  I am using the Shell interpreter and also tried the /bin/sh interpreter. 

I can run windows commands inline in my plan using cmd.exe fine, just not Python

Every time I run this, it errors with something like the following:

'import' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

What is the best way to run python code as inline in Bamboo?  I am using version 6.2.3 build 60210 - 20 Nov 17

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Chris Berry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Welcome to the community. You can run python using the Shell interpreter and specifying the python path as the first line of the inline script.

eg.

#!c:/pathtopython/python.exe

print('hello world')

credits()

cheers

Chris

Atlassian support- Bamboo

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2019

Hi! 

I am doing like this. 

1. Push into Bitbucket repo my python code.

Bamboo tasks

2. Git pull or git clone on related Bamboo node 

3. Bamboo Task which run the python and file

Hope it helps

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Shannon Pisone February 7, 2019

Thanks.  I am able to run my python script as a file...like you mentioned.

Just wondering why I cannot run the same python code as inline instead of a file.

I came over from Jenkins....and it seems a little more user friendly than Bamboo so far.

Yaswanth Attuluri May 6, 2022

Hi Shannon, if possible could you please elaborate how did you run your python script as a file. I am using SVN server and i am new to bamboo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events