How to run part of a Build Plan nightly

I'm on Atlassian Bamboo version 4.4.5 build 3507 - 27 Mar 13

Is it possible to break up a build plan as follows:

- run mvn clean install on each commit

- run mvn clean install sonar:sonar nightly at 1am

1 answer

1 accepted

Not natively, there are a few hacks to get this done though.

1. Set the second half up as a manual stage, have a process (Bamboo or not) with a 1am timed trigger to search the API or DB for last build with unrun manual stages and trigger through the API.
  2. Setup your regular trigger and an additional timed trigger in Bamboo, use scripts to notice the time and run your additional setup (this can be tricky and ugly).
  3. Similar to #2, have a process with a 12:58 schedule either write a Bamboo variable, environmental variable, or file/db with a "run" flag and setup #2 to look for that flag and reset it.
  4. Separate your process into 2 plans with two different triggers.

All of these except #1 force it to happen every single day (or whatever trigger). #1 as described focuses on the last build which would have been triggered by whatever else and checks to see if the manual stage was run already. This is what I use for nightly automated tests so I don't run the tests if there were no changes in the day.

Raised issue:

I'll probably go with option #4 for now.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,203 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot