Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replace an artifact built by 1 branch in another, under the same build plan

Heena Agrawal March 4, 2019

I have 1 master plan and several branches under it. The master plan has a job task where artifacts are built using source code from the branch.

Now I want to replace an artifact that is created in branch B with the similar artifact that is created in branch A and then proceed with the other tasks. So, all in all I would have 1 artifact built by branch A and 4 artifacts built by branch B and then I will combine them together to process further.

Is there a way in Bamboo to do that without creating another master plan?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14745

Have to create a new master plan.

Heena Agrawal March 5, 2019

Thank You Kah! 

Like Foong likes this

When I am trying to clone the master plan, here is the error that I am getting. how do I resolve this? 

image.png

Also, The permissions tab does show that I have permission to clone the plan.

image.pngAny thoughts?

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

The missing permission is in the Project side.

The Project Admin will need to add Create Plan permission for you at Project settings (for the related project) > Project permissions

Configuring project permissions

Like Heena Agrawal likes this

Thank you Kah! 

I was able to clone my master plan and added an "Artifact download configuration" task to share an artifact from my original plan. I named the 2 branches under both plans same so that the artifact can be shared conveniently.

However, when I try to run the branch form the plan that has the "Artifact download configuration" task, I receive the following error. Any suggestions please?

image.png

Never mind. I had to run my default branch again to straighten out some issues there. After that the new cloned branch works fine and the artifacts are shared perfectly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events