How to prevent a bamboo build triggering?

The Challenge: How to ensure build-time changes to source are preserved without trigger another build?

Current Implementation: Part of our build process updates various src documents with elements like the version-number (only available at build time). It pushes these changes back to the central repository branch (to ensure the information is not lost in future builds) ... but this triggers another build.

We're using Git, and Bamboo v5.4.2 build 4208

All ideas, all alternative approaches, to solving the problem welcome.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 votes

It is possible to configure build triggering in Bamboo to ignore changes to specific files. If you can isolate the files that are changed by build process from files that are changed as part of development process that could work for you.

The options is under repository configuration, in 'Advanced' section.

Thank you Marcin, that was just the thing! Added a regular expression to the excluded trigger-files, which fixes the issue perfectly.

Following on ... I'm finding that the Java Regex (regular expression) I'm using to exclude files doesn't seem to be effective in Plan Branches. The regex is simply:

.*/*.txt

To match any *.txt file changes.

The Advanced "exclude all changes that match" option is selected, but still it builds on changes to *.txt files.

Any ideas?

Hello @Andrew Forkes, have you found the answer on your last question? I'm trying to overcome the same issue now

Try .*/.txt

Thank you Ron. It looks like there is something else responsible, as it works (to stop the build) in some Plan Branches, but not others. I will try to establish what other possible triggers are at work.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,066 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot