How to parse trx file from vstest.console bamboo

Greg Polito April 26, 2019

We are using 6.6.3. I see that others are using MSTest Parser. But it does not seem to be working for me. The location is where the file is located. and I specified the file name.

26-Apr-2019 14:23:56Starting task 'parse results' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.dotnet:mstest'
26-Apr-2019 14:23:56Parsing test results under C:\bamboo\xml-data\build-dir\xxx-FCT-JOB1...
26-Apr-2019 14:23:56Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found.

2 answers

0 votes
Greg Polito April 30, 2019

Well, the servers were rebooted over the weekend, and with no changes, it worked today. I guess something changed, or I don't know what...but it worked. But thanks for your time.

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

Hi Greg,

Something worth looking at, are you sure the test results file exists where you are looking for it? 

I only ask because my development team has moved where test results get output via the msbuild file in the past and I need to update the location the parser is looking, which generates log lines similar to what you have indicated above.

I hope that helps.

-James

Greg Polito April 30, 2019

I am putting the file in that location and verified the file is in that location....the directory is correct and the file is there..

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2019

Hi Greg,

Ok I have two possible routes for you.  If you are using the MSTest Parser, you might be running into the same issue as reported here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/MSTest-unable-to-parse-results/qaq-p/308991

I took a look at my own environment and realized that we aren't acutually using the MSTest Parser task.  I'm using the NUnit Parser task who's configuration looks like this:

NUnitParserConfig.JPG

I hope one of those two options helps you resolve your issue.

-James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events