How to move the data from H2 database to another database ?

PerennialDevOps October 8, 2019

We are running Bamboo Server 6.1 in production and it is currently running with the embedded H2 database. Seeing the critical condition and the risks of running with the H2 database, we want to move the database to another DBMS, say MSSQL Server. 

Can someone direct me on how to proceed with this process ? Also, will it also backup the database if I take the Export and import it in the new Bamboo instance with an external MSSQL database ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

@PerennialDevOps 

You are on right path for production setup. H2 is never recommended for that.

On first part of your question,

On second part of your question,

yash_shanker24 October 9, 2019

Thanks @DPKJ , can you kindly elaborate more on 

• Backup SQL DB
  • How to backup current H2 DB ? Or the same is exported alongwith other data when I do Overview > System > Export.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

By "Backup SQL DB" I mean using database specific utility to backup your database.

In your case for "MSSQL" Microsoft gives these options - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/backup-restore/create-a-full-database-backup-sql-server?view=sql-server-2017

Your DBA might be aware of this.

Like PerennialDevOps likes this

@DPKJ Got it. Thanks.

Need your comment at last on, 

• How to backup current H2 DB ? Or the same is exported alongwith other data when I do Overview > System > Export.
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2019

Yes, you are correct DB backup is part of System Export. And hence, you don’t need to backup internal DB separately.

Thanks a lot @DPKJ 

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2019

@PerennialDevOps  @yash_shanker24 

If this has helped you please mark this as accepted solution and also shade some love by up-vote and like, so that it can help others.

Like PerennialDevOps likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events