Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to invoke a Rest API from BAMBOO TASK?

Mareesh waran February 22, 2019

Hi, I'm new to Bamboo tool and am from JAVA developer.

Can someone please help on the below...

As per my requirement, I need to create a Bamboo task and that task should invoke inhosue Rest API(http://host:port/api/......) (ZUUL API) to perform some business logic.

So, Where we have to mention a API URL in TASK and How Bomboo will invoke my API ?

Any way is there to achieve this? 

Thanks,

Mareesh

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2019

You can use the "script" task and use curl or something similar to make the REST call. You can also have a custom script on a remote server and execute it from Bamboo.

Mareesh waran February 27, 2019

@Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]  Thanks..., Now as per my requirement i'm invoking a JOB from my java code and in that job have configured one of script task that task is invoking one of my rest API. Now that rest API is post call and it is expecting a input. Right now i have static values but i need to send request object from my java code.

How can i send a request object to bamboo to execute that particular task? 

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2019

Maybe you can define them as build variables and set the variables while invoking the build?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events