How to install developer license for this add-on

Gail Stewart July 25, 2016

We just recently purchased a license for "Tasks for AWS".  The license installed fine on our production instance, but we have two test instances.  The developer license is viewed as invalid.  I've tried to go to the utoolity sites but they seem to require an Atlassian cloud account that I do not have.  We run our products on our own servers.

2 answers

0 votes
Gail Stewart July 25, 2016

We have never had a problem installing with a developers license before.

I have created an account in the utility support.  I created this issue  https://utoolity.atlassian.net/browse/UAA-195

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2016

@Gail Stewart - thank you for using our add-ons.

Just like many other vendors, we are running our Utoolity Add-ons for Atlassian support site on an Atlassian Cloud instance indeed. Other than using the same hosting platform, all those are independent from Atlassian's own support site and each other though, i.e. you need a separate account on each one that you intend to participate on - accordingly, please feel free to sign-up on the Utoolity support site to ease the conversation around typical (and potentially sensitive) support questions.

Regarding your actual question - license management is handled by Atlassian's built-in Universal Plugin Manager (UPM), i.e. other than reacting on the reported state, an add-on is not involved in evaluating the license as such, so two questions in turn:

• question Have you used the developer license successfully somewhere at some point already or has it always be considered to be invalid from the get go?
  • question Is there any more detailed error message concerning the 'invalid' state?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events