Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to input the Bamboo Build directory into script using Jenkins WORKSPACE variable?

Dale Binkley December 3, 2021

We are migrating to Bamboo from Jenkins.  We have ~10 projects using the same core scripts. I am creating a new build project using Bamboo rather than Jenkins as a proof of concept task.  So as not to be too disruptive, I must use the scripts that were created for Jenkins. 

In the pipeline one script calls another and uses the Jenkins $WORKSPACE variable- I need to translate the Jenkins variable to Bamboo build directory.  I've created an artifact (WORKSPACE=${bamboo.build.working.directory}, export the variable (export WORKSPACE=${bamboo.build.working.directory} even added the argument and environment variable. But still unable to pass the variable.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dale Binkley December 9, 2021
0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2021

Variable export will not be available for tasks.

You can use Inject Variable task to make environment variable available for other tasks, but then again it will have "bamboo." prefix and you need to make changes to your scripts to override WORKSPACE variable if bamboo.inject.YOUR_VAR exists

Dale Binkley December 9, 2021

I can't change the core scripts because we are still using Jenkins on other projects

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events