Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include org.eclipse.jgit packages in my plugin?

Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2018

For a plugin I'm developing, I need to use classes from package org.eclipse.jgit (e.g. RevWalk).

Few findings: 

• There is no OSGi bundle that exports this package.
  • The OSGi bundle atlassian-bamboo-plugin-git uses this org.eclipse.jgit package, but doesn't export it.
  • The OSGi bundle atlassian-bamboo-plugin-git has the the  META-INF/lib/org.eclipse.jgit-3.5.3-atlassian-13.jar in the 'Bundle Classpath'. This jar contains the classes I need, but I'm not sure how useful this is for my plugin.

When I include this bamboo git bundle/package to my pom.xml file,

<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>atlassian-bamboo-plugin-git</artifactId>
<version>6.2.2</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

my code compiles just fine; it can find all the org.eclipse.jgit classes, (presumably because these are part of the git plugin?)

But then the problems start for me. I tried many different combinations of 'import-packages'. But it either errors during install that it can't find a bundle, or I'm getting a noClassDefFoundError.

Also added the org.eclipse.jgit as a separate dependency and compiled it with my plugin. Still errors during my install.

If anybody has successfully imported org.eclipse.jgit classes in their plugin (in combination with using the bamboo git plugin), I am very curious what the pom.xml settings are.

1 answer

0 votes
Narendra Jain April 4, 2018

Hi Wouter

Can remove from your pom entry

<scope>provided</scope>

If scope is provided then it does not include that library in package.

Please try it.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events